Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A little PSA for you!

A little public service announcement:

I had a phone call yesterday from a number claiming to be Microsoft's Security Department and they needed to update my computer.  Luckily, I have a wonderful tech person, Tommy Nijem w/Nijem Tech, whom I can turn to with all my technology questions. (Nijem Tech, 229-269-4151 or www.nijemtech.com )

I knew to hang up with them real fast! 

I did confirm w/Tommy; Microsoft does not cold call you!  I contacted them today to pass on what happened along with the phone number that called.  They gave me an article to look at and I am going to pass it on to you!


Article from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

Hard and fast rule: don't ever give any personal information (credit cards, passwords, birth dates) to anyone calling YOU and these days even texting you!


No comments:

Post a Comment