Thursday, June 23, 2011

Beat the Heat at the Valdosta Museum

A few days ago my son noticed our local Historical Museum.  He was interested in going, so today we didn't have much going on and I took him and one of his friends.  We looked around upstairs, decided to go see the caboose and then we visited the exhibits downstairs.  Right before we left I found a scavenger hunt to fill out for the downstairs exhibits.  I must say once we found that we had a blast!  We turned it into a race; the boys against mom ~ who was going to find all the items on the hunt first? 

Needless to say, I won, but we had a fun time.  It was indoors, so we beat the heat for a while.  It was a somewhat free activity - I left a small donation in the donation box - and the boys learned a tad bit more about our local community.

You should try it!
http://www.valdostamuseum.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment